The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn , the more places you'll go.
The Yellow Zone Reading Room aims to provide a tranquil and comfortable learning environment for students and staff.
The Reading Room is open from 11:00am to 11:30am Monday to Friday and during specific English lessons.
We also hold a Reading Café every Tuesday when the Reading Room is open for reading, book discussions and creative writing.
Books in the Reading Room are ordered alphabetically. There are fiction titles to cater to all ages. Fiction titles are sorted by author's surname.
Students can borrow two books at any one time. Unless renewed, these must be returned within two weeks.
Reading Room Rules
The following rules should be observed at all times -
- Enter the Reading Room quietly.
- If using the Reading Room with your class, wait outside the entrance until you are told by your teacher or the Reading Room helpers that you can enter.
- Strictly no eating or drinking.
- Quiet at all times.
- Treat others using the Reading Room with respect.
- Take great care when using the books and any equipment.
- If you would like to borrow a book, take it to the teacher / helper who will scan and record this.
- Do not let your book go overdue. If you have not finished your book within the two week loan period and would like to renew it, you must advise the teacher / helper and the database will then be updated.
- You will not be able to borrow from the Reading Room or use the resources if you have any overdue loans.
Before you leave the Reading Room, ensure you...
- Return any books to the correct place on the shelves.
- Leave the Reading Room quietly.