Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Getting “Waingels Ready” for September.
As of September we will be very restricted in our ability to lend students equipment due to the risks of contamination with Coronavirus.
We are expecting that some students will require new uniform ready for September our school uniform providers are working as usual and have recommended that orders are placed before 31st July to guarantee delivery. If you order equipment to be delivered to school this will be handed out to students on their return in September – the uniform collection is reserved for new Year 7 students. We are no longer using the colour system on blazers so any new blazers will have the school logo but no coloured trim – will phase out the coloured trim but they are still fine! Expectations for the PE kit will be the same as usual and as with other classroom equipment unfortunately we will be unable to lend spare kit so please make sure you have everything you need. We also recommend that you spend sometime making sure that all students understand the government guidance on hand washing and good practice in personal hygiene to help keep everyone safe.
All students are expected to wear school uniform at all times and if, for whatever reason, they are not able to do so they need a note from home so that we can deal with the issue appropriately.
Please use this measuring guide to aid with purchasing your child's uniform.
The Culture & Values Policy sets out our clear uniform expectations in detail.
To order uniform, please click the logos below to access the online shops:
Uniform Collection Days During the Summer Holidays for Year 6 Students ONLY
It is important that all Sixth Form students take pride in their appearance and are ‘office
smart’. The dress code below outlines what is considered office smart at Waingels and will apply at all times on the college site, unless on a trip or specific, teacher-approved activity that requires different clothing.
- Collared shirts
- Polo shirts
- Smart tops or blouses
- Chinos, formal trousers or skirts to appropriate length
- Tailored Shorts in the Summer
- Dark jackets suitable for formal office wear
- Smart shoes suitable for formal office wear
- Appropriate Sportswear for PE lessons
- Sixth Form lanyards must be worn at all times
*If you take BTEC Sport you are permitted to wear your Waingels Sports Kit
- Casual T shirts
- Jeans or skin tight trousers
- Short skirts, shorts or leggings (unless underneath a dress)
- Short or revealing tops. Bra straps and midriffs must not be visible
- Large logos or branding on clothing
- Hoodies *Waingels Leavers hoodies are permitted
- Extremes of jewellery or hairstyle
- Casual footwear including trainers, canvas shoes or flip flops
Students who do not follow the dress code will be sent home to change.