Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Waingels Uniform Guidelines
Our uniform is very important to us and is an integral part of the schools’ ethos. One that promotes positive attitudes and high standards, and gives students a sense of personal pride. We want our students and our local community to be proud of their school and our uniform allows us to actively demonstrate this.
To order uniform, please click the logos below to access the online shops:
School Uniform, School Colours Direct:
- Orders need to be placed online by 10am Tuesday of the delivery week.
- Uniform is delivered approx. on 1st & 3rd Wednesday of every month except for the following exceptions:
JANUARY 2019- The first delivery will be on the 16th
JULY 2019- Last delivery will be on the 17th
AUGUST 2019- The delivery schedule will re-start on the 21st
DECEMBER 2019- Last delivery will be on the 4th
The school uniform consists of:
A grey blazer with the school logo on the upper welt pocket and the colour of the zone to which the student belongs on the pocket trim. Blazers are required to be worn at all times.
A school jumper is not compulsory. If worn it must be a grey V neck jumper with the school zone colour on the V neck.
Trousers must be black and tailored. Any form of skin tight trouser, leggings, jeans or chinos cannot be worn.
Skirts must be black and knee length; pleated, straight or A-line. Tight fitting and elastic tube skirts are not to be worn. Plain black tights may be worn with a skirt.
Shirts should be formal and white with a collar and should be tucked in at all times.
Plain black flat shoes suitable for a formal working environment should be worn. Any form of trainer or pump are not to be worn.
A sensible coat in cold and wet weather should be worn by students so that inclement weather does not affect learning. Hoodies are not acceptable and should not be worn at any time.
One earring may be worn in each ear. No other jewellery is permitted.
Hair and Makeup
A student’s hair style and makeup should be suitable for a formal working environment. Makeup should be kept to a minimum and be natural in colour and discreet. Nail extensions are not permitted.
It is important that all Sixth Form students take pride in their appearance. The dress code below outlines what is considered office smart at Waingels and will apply at all times on the college site, unless on a trip or specific, teacher-approved activity that requires different clothing.
- Collared shirts
- Polo shirts
- Smart tops or blouses
- Chinos, formal trousers or skirts to appropriate length
- Tailored Shorts in the Summer
- Dark jackets suitable for formal office wear
- Smart shoes suitable for formal office wear
- Sixth Form Lanyards must be worn at all times
- *If you take BTEC Sport you are permitted to wear your Waingels Sports Kit
- Casual T shirts
- Jeans or skin tight trousers
- Short skirts, shorts or leggings (unless underneath a dress)
- Short or revealing tops. Bra straps and midriffs must not be visible
- Large logos or branding on clothing
- Hoodies *Waingels Leavers hoodies are permitted
- Extremes of jewellery or hairstyle
- Casual footwear including trainers, canvas shoes or flip flops
Sixth Form students who do not follow the dress code will be sent home to change.