Our School App Stay connected on the go...
37.5 hours per week, Mon – Fri, term time only plus 3 days
Rate: £11.70 per hour plus £1.64 holiday entitlement
Waingels is looking for a Second Cook/Chef to join the team as soon as possible.
As Second Cook/Chef you will assist in the daily cooking and catering service at the school.
You will be expected to ensure that the hygiene and cleanliness is maintained in all areas to the Standard and Quality required by the schools, meeting the relevant Health and Safety criteria in accordance with regulations.
As Second Cook, your responsibilities will include:
- To assist in the provision and service of catering for breakfast, break and lunch time.
- To assist in daily ordering, receiving, storing, processing, cooking, presenting and service of all site meals, beverages and catering supplies to the required standard.
- The completion of any daily and weekly checks and completion of paperwork.
- To fully deputise for the Cook Supervisor in their absence.
- Ensure all allergen legislation is adhered to during the service of food items.
- Ensure any food samples and leftovers are correctly processed and stored.
- The safe handling of food and supplies from delivery, storage to service using current HACCP practices.
- To report any hazards, defects and any relevant factors of breakdowns of equipment that may be detrimental to safe working practices.
- To ensure all equipment is turned off at the end of the day’s work and any other relevant health and safety measures and departmental security are undertaken.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar role and be skilled in catering practices.
Applicants with an up-to-date Food Hygiene Certificate and/or an appropriate qualification in catering will have a distinct advantage.
Flexibility is essential as the post holder will be required to cover some catering requirements, for example afternoon events and occasional evening functions.
- A brand new kitchen with ‘state of the art’ facilities
- A highly successful 11-18 comprehensive with over 1400 well-motivated students, judged as “good” with many outstanding features by Ofsted
- Over 250 students in the sixth form
- A friendly, supportive working environment in an attractive and well-resourced setting
- Excellent new facilities following a £31M capital investment new building
- Students eat in a bright, roomy dining hall supervised by teachers
Download an application pack from our website www.waingels.wokingham.sch.uk or for an informal discussion, please telephone the college on 0118 969 0336 or email the Principal’s Personal Assistant, Karen Tagg, on Tagktg@waingels.wokingham.sch.uk
Completed applications must be returned as soon as possible, Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews arranged accordingly
The college is committed to safeguarding, equal opportunities and to promoting the welfare of all staff and students and can only accept applications on our school application forms.