Our School App Stay connected on the go...
STEM/Science Lead Practitioner
STEM/Science Lead Practitioner
Whole School Teaching and Learning in STEM
Lead Practitioner Scale 8 - 12
September 2023 or January 2024
We are seeking to appoint a successful middle leader, preferably with a science specialism for this new post of Lead Practitioner for STEM.
This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring middle leader to lead the development of teaching and learning in STEM subjects across the school. A role on the SLT as an associate headteacher will be considered for a suitable candidate.
Waingels is a very successful 11 to 18 Comprehensive school serving its local community. We are also very proud of the achievements of our students. Under the new measures our students at Key Stage 4 made very good progress. We are delighted that the vast majority of our students stay on to our Sixth Form and that 97% of our leavers gain a place at University or choose to enter apprenticeships and employment.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who has experience of leading a successful department or team. The successful candidate will be required to support the Science Department to develop highly effective teaching and learning along with other STEM subjects and School wide projects and initiatives as required. You must be able to engage with, inspire and motivate others. You will need to lead by example by being a consistently outstanding practitioner in the classroom and able to influence and develop the teaching practice of others.
The position will require the candidate to have the following:
- Experience of leading a successful Science department
- A proven record of raising and maintaining high standards
- Excellent teacher of Science, across all Key Stages.
- Vision, drive and flare, with a progressive approach in order to develop further success.
- Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the specific appointment.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the school and creating an ethos in which students feel valued, are inquisitive and achieve success.
- A highly successful 11-18 comprehensive with over 1400 well-motivated students, judged as “good” with many outstanding features by Ofsted (February 2018)
- Over 220 students in the sixth form with good uptake of STEM subjects
- A friendly, supportive working environment in an attractive and well-resourced setting
- All Labs equipped with interactive whiteboards
- Experienced Lab Technicians to assist with Practical Work.
Download an application pack from our website www.waingels.wokingham.sch.uk or for an informal discussion, please telephone the college on 0118 969 0336 or email the Headteacher’s Personal Assistant, Jane Jennings on Jenjjn@waingels.wokingham.sch.uk
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews arranged accordingly.
We welcome visits prior to application, with opportunities to talk to current staff
The college is committed to safeguarding, equal opportunities and to promoting the welfare of all staff and students