Our School App Stay connected on the go...
At Waingels, the voice and opinions of our students are very important to us. We are fortunate to have a very active School Council, who are very involved with a variety of school decisions. The School Council's role is to make sure that the views of every student here at Waingels are heard. The Head Team, together with the Student Leaders and the Tutor Representatives, link the Senior Leadership Team and the Governors with the rest of the school.
Left to right: Deputy Head Boy, Deputy Head Girl, Head Boy, Head Girl
Academic Mentoring Leader
Deputy for Academic Mentoring
Social Mentoring Leader
Deputy for Social Mentoring
Competition/Community Spirit Leader
Deputy for Competition/Community Spirit
Learning Environment Leader
Head of Prefects
Every year, in April, a new council is elected by the students with a representative from every tutor group in each year. They attend an overnight conference at Streatley Youth Hostel where they get to know each other and make action plans for the coming year, led by the Head Boy and Head Girl. The council is inclusive, effective, and fun. Meetings are held once every half term.
Each term we conduct a survey of our students so we can reflect on changes made and opportunities for further dialogue or change.
Some areas where the council made a difference to school life in the last two years:
- More benches & tables for the courtyard.
- Outdoor clocks for the main buildings.
- Introduced a prefect system to the school.
- Enhancing & changing the school rewards system.
- Social space changes.
- A new uniform which includes blazers.
- A Christmas tree in the courtyard.
- A new display board for the Student Council
- An updated school logo.
- Co-ordinated charitable donations to the Woodley Food Bank.
- Setting up an e-mail for students to share their ideas & opinions.
- Helped in the choice and implementation of a new catering company for the school.
If you would like to make a difference, get your voice heard!
Staff Contact: Mr M Pembroke