Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Year 6 to Year 7 Transition
Welcome to the Waingels College Transition Page
The transition from Primary School to Secondary can be equally exciting and nerve-wracking. Our links with Primary schools and our programme of transition events makes the process smooth and straightforward for our new students and their parents. Some of the things that are part of our programme are:
• Open evening and the opportunity for parents and children to visit us during the school day
• Visit days, including taster lessons
• Staff visits to Primary schools
• Extra-curricular opportunities for students, hosted by Waingels
• Collaborative work with Primary schools, led by the Performing Arts & PE departments
We are pleased that every year parents comment on how quickly their child has made the transition to Waingels and how settled and ‘at home’ they feel. We continue to be an extremely popular choice of Secondary School for families in the local community and beyond.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Team.
To view Waingels admissions arrangements for the academic year 2017-2018, please click here.