Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Sixth Form Application
We want you to know you’re very important to us and to remember three things:
- The work you’ve done over the past two years will give you a great start for your studies with us, with or without an exam.
- We would like to welcome you to Waingels Sixth Form, subject to meeting our entry criteria, and we will do everything we can to make this process smooth and easy.
- Everyone else in Year 11 is in exactly the same situation as you!
Due to the current circumstances our options process will need to be completed “remotely”. We remain committed to ensuring that all students are on the right courses/pathways so that they are successful at Sixth Form. We feel that the entry criteria, as outlined in the Subject Information Booklet in the prospectus enables this and we will remain guided by this. Therefore, admission onto courses will still require students meeting the course’s entry criteria. If, in August, when results are published, your results mean that you do not qualify for one or more of your subjects we will have a process in place to review your application and appeal our decision if you wish.
Please find below a list of our courses and the blocks that they will be taught in. Following from this you will find our instructions for application
|Option A||Option B||Option C||Option D||Option E|
|Chemistry*||Economics||English Language*||Biology||Art, Craft and Design|
|Computer Science*||Geography||Mathematics||Business Studies||English Literature|
|History||Media Studies||Drama||Further Mathematics*|
|Sociology||Psychology||RS: Philosophy and Ethics|
|Applied Human Biology||BTEC Sports Extended Certificate||Mathematical Studies||Tourism||BTEC Health & Social Care Extended Certificate|
|Applied Criminology||BTEC Business Studies Extended Certificate||BTEC Sport Diploma|
Please carefully read the information and complete the following steps/actions to make an application:
- Review the Sixth Form Option Blocks and the entry criteria as outlined in the Subject Information Booklet
- Choose one subject in each block (Up to 3 subjects or 4 if you intend on studying Further Maths, Core Maths, an AS or another fourth subject)
- Then complete the form here to confirm your choices.
Notes for making your choices:
Subjects with an * can be taken as an additional AS. If you intend to select a subject as an AS please indicate this on the form.
AS should be selected as a fourth subject.
Students who fail to achieve a Grade 4 in GCSE English or Mathematics will HAVE to take either re-take English or re-take Mathematics in Option C.
Students selecting Further Mathematics in Option E will HAVE to select Mathematics in Option C. Further Maths should be selected as a fourth subject.
Students wishing to complete the Diploma in Sport, with the equivalent value of 2 A Levels, must select it from block B and E. If you intend to do the Extended Certificate, with the equivalent value of 1 A Level, select Sport BTEC in block B only.
Once you have made an application we will be in touch with transition work that should be completed in preparation for September.